Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Next Steps for Daryl & I


August 31, 2010

I met with the orthopedic surgeon today and he has given the go-ahead for radiation treatment on my hip. There is a small fracture but no surgery necessary. But I do have to use a cane going forward. And yes, I am already shopping for a stylish one online. :-) I meet with the staff in the radiation department tomorrow morning and will get my full treatment schedule. The radiologist oncologist previously stated that the entire process should take about 4-6 treatments done on a daily basis, so we are only talking about a 1 to 2 1/2 weeks of radiation treatment. My plan is to have radiation each morning before work.

Now that I have the radiation part confirmed I will meet with the oncology department to find out when I can start chemo. So it looks like I will be back in the office starting Tuesday, September 7th.

Daryl update: She is home!!!! She finished the stem cell infusion process and came home from Yale Smilow Cancer Center yesterday, Monday, August 30th. She just has to go back to Yale on Wednesday and Friday and then they turn her back over to her regular oncologist @ The Bennett Cancer Center.

We are both putting one foot in front of the other moving towards our individual finish lines.

I hope this has been Tasty & Informative like Cupcakes & Travel Magazines.

Peace, Love, Joy and Blessings to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment