Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Momentary Pit Stop in Crazy-Weepy-Dark-Cloud Land and then onto Sunshine Land!


September 4, 2010

Yesterday was a weepy, tearful, emotional day. Not all day long, intermittently throughout the day. One second I was cool, the next I was so weepy I couldn’t listen to a dear friend’s (Alissa) voicemail message and thrown into the mix were those moments of passionate craziness, which equaled an overall feeling of discombobulation.

It all worked out in the end with the help of my sister Daryl. She pointed out to me that it was the Oxy aka Oxycodone aka the painkiller. One of the side effects is depression. Add to that piece of information the fact that I forgot to take my Paxil aka an anti-depressant. Oh and one more tidbit to the brewing stew is I forgot to eat so it was quite a day for me but my leg feels better after my second zap of radiation. Bitter with the sweet, that’s life.

I ran into an old family friend the other day and he said the exact same words in response to something I said to him: the bitter with the sweet that’s life. He was right. Life is usually a combination of the two sentiments: bitterness and sweetness. We just have to figure out how to deal with the bitterness, how to savor the sweetness and finally how to live so that we get more sweetness than bitterness.
I was not in a good place the other day but I’m okay today. I am so glad to have only made a Pit Stop in crazy-weepy-dark-cloud land.

So join me in a song: Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, The sunshine in, Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, The sunshine in, Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, The sunshine in!*

I hope this has been Tasty and Informative like Cupcakes & Travel Magazines.

Have a FABULOUS Labor Day weekend!

*Lyrics by James Rado, Gerome Ragni, and Galt MacDermot.

No comments:

Post a Comment