Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Email job rejections and Cruising

April 22, 2009

Post #3

A short while ago I received an email job rejection. I guess I should be thankful with a small “t” since I did get that much because I’ve interviewed at enough places and then not heard from the HR department ever again. Well here’s the reply I got today:

Valerie – Thank you for your interest in blah. We appreciated the opportunity to interview you for our blah role. Your credentials and previous work experiences were very interesting to us; however, we have decided not to pursue your candidacy at this time as we have identified other candidates whose experience more closely matches the job requirement. With that being said, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities. Best of luck!

Not to seem ungrateful but I didn’t need that many words for a “no.” My reply to HR person was:

Dear Blah: Thanks for opportunity to present my qualifications for the position.

Okay I now have just one remaining possible job offer or another unfortunate response using too many words telling me “no,” looming in the air out there somewhere. Then I am back to square one. Again. Thank God I am positive or I might start to think there was something askew. Hmmmmm maybe ~ stop it, stop it! I do know there isn’t anything awry. I realize I have to continue to be serenely patient because the perfect job for me will manifest at the right time and no sooner. I just wish the “no’s” would get out of the way so my “YES” can come barging through the door as trumpets blare loudly announcing that my job has finally arrived! Hallelujah!!!!!!

Okay that’s done now onto some travel talk – I hope everyone has realized that this is the perfect time to make a reservation and fly off to some fun. And you don’t even have to leave the country – there is always Miami, Charleston, or Fort Lauderdale just to name a few places in the sun right here at home. And there is always the local hotel in your town where you can stay just one night and tune the world out.

And then there is always cruising, which is probably the best bang for your buck. If you can manage not to do excursions, over-drink, or buy stuff at the endless stores on board the ship. Now I know you are thinking; that doesn’t sound like much fun. Well I always have fun when I cruise. But then the perfect day to me is laying on deck or the beach in the country that we have stopped in for the day and sunning on one side – sip a soda or juice – flip over - sun some more – get in the water – float around – feel the sun baking into my skin, but don’t tell my oncologist b/c I am not supposed to bake like I used to since I’ve had chemo and turn 2 shades darker in less time. I do saturate myself with sunscreen, which we all should no matter the amount of melanin in our skin. Back to steps to my perfect day at the beach: get out of the water and start the whole process over again.

My one splurge when cruising is, drum roll please, getting a massage…surprise, surprise. And another great result of cruising is someone makes your bed, puts a towel animal on it and everyone smiles at you – what could be bad about that? Absolutely nothing! Now let’s re-cap the benefits of cruising: When you cruise you get to sail to different countries, try out different beaches, if you so like buy some jewelry and other stuff at great prices on and off the ship, and not make your bed. Life is good when you cruise!

Peace & Love

Love Your Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment