Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

HodgePodge of my Life! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good morning people! It is June 20, 2010 Father's Day and I am making a promise to myself to Blog everyday going forward. Even if the blog is only 2 lines. I make time to do the things I don't like to do like work so I might as well make time to do the things I LOVE to do, which are talking and writing about travel, writing and cupcakes. Alright now!

I returned to Jamaica in May and had a RELAXING vacation with my two sisters and my sister from another Mother, Courtney Oliver. We swam, drank some Ting-tinis (not Daryl since she is still doing her meds), had a massage at the Rockhouse Spa, ate great food and basked in the Blessings that have been bestowed upon us all. And Lord knows we have been blessed in the last 7 months what with Daryl's diagnose of multiple myeloma. Luckily the cancer was contained to her lower back so she is handling her treatment of chemo and some other drug, that breaks her arms out, with grace, coolness and overall Darylness.

She is a trooper because we have been trooping through some airports in the last few months starting in May with Rainique's college graduation from Central State University in Wilberforce, OH on 5/8. Then we headed off to Negril from 5/17 until 5/24. Then back on the we headed out to Long Island on 6/5 to celebrate the high school graduation of our cousin Kody Michael Jarvis from St. Mary's College Prep HS at a family dinner at Carrabba's in Central Islip. Then we were back on the road the weekend of 6/11 back to Ohio for the college graduation of Corey Lamarr Gaddis from Ohio University in Athens, OH. We would not have missed one of those celebrations. I was actually sick during Corey's celebration but nothing was stopping me from hearing Corey's name being called out. We have to make time to observe and celebrate the accomplishments of the youth in our lives. Well if truth be told, we must take the time to celebrate the accomplishments of those we love. And I do love a good get together.

I've recently had the opportunity to participate in few get-togethers that were short and sweet. For Daryl's birthday my Aunt and Uncle, Florence & Elton Etheridge drove from Southampton, LI to join us for lunch in Westport, CT. It was filled with laughter, love and sangria! And then my family met at Carrabba's in Central Islip for Kody's HS graduation dinner - we all met there, celebrated and then headed back to our individual lives. It was FABULOUS. And I look forward to more of those mini-get-togethers with my loved ones.

I hope this was tasty & informative like Cupcakes & Travel Magazines!

No comments:

Post a Comment