Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

It’s my 10th Anniversary!

Post #10 – Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to share that 7/7 was the 10th anniversary of my last chemo treatment for breast cancer!


God is good all the time even when we aren't sure. 10 years - my how the time flies --- I wanted to commemorate this date for several reasons:

#1 - I am always looking for a celebration because there is always the possibility of gifts from my immediate family (I am only partially joking - LOL).

#2 - I want to remind people that monthly five-finger exams work to detect breast cancer along with a yearly mammogram.

#3 - A diagnosis of cancer is not a death sentence -- look at me --- ten years away from my original diagnosis ---modern medicine is a gift from the Creator that I give THANKS for
each and every day.


Live Life to the fullest - make sure you have a list of things you want to do and start doing them --- Life is short and we only come this way once! Some of the things I've done in the last 10 years:
·I've obtained my obtained MBA
·Am currently enrolled in a MFA program for creative writing
·Completed my novel (now I just have to get it sold)
·Learned how to belly dance - yes I did


Some of the things I want to do in the next 10 years:
·Learn how to surf
·Adopt a child -- maybe (Lord help me - smile)
·Buy a condo
·Teach creative writing on the college level
·Start a foundation - not sure for what but I will start one
·Etc, etc, etc

What will you etc. be for the next 10 years - you may not know now but takethe time to think about it and then do it! We all deserve to LOVE our lives~


Love, Peace, Joy & Blessings to you all~


Tasty and Informative like Cupcakes & Travel Magazines! Love Your Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment