Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

YUM, YUM, YUM!



Okay I’ve signed up for the Oprah & Deepak 21-day Meditation Challenge and no I have never really meditated before, well not traditional meditation. If you saw the movie Eat, Pray, Love and you remember the scene where Julia closes her eyes and thinks she has done serious, soul searching meditation but discovers that only 60 measly seconds have passed then you know the extent of my participation and expertise in the art of meditation.


But this time I am hanging with the program, going with the flow and swatting those distracting thoughts as they sail in and out of my mind while concentrating on the daily mantra. Today’s was Yum, Yum, Yum. And I just loved it. I loved the way the word Yum rolled off my tongue. I loved the way it rumbled through my body and spirit. Thank goodness I liked it because I had to keep returning to it because yes my thoughts were rambling and ricocheting all over the place. But I was kind and gentle to myself. No yelling internally or getting mad because I haven’t gotten it yet. I just Yummed myself back to the center of me.

So I’m going to complete this challenge and hopefully by the end the 21 days I won’t have as many stray thoughts to swat away and the time spent meditating will continue to fly by like it has so far. If nothing else I will have spent 21 days giving myself 16 minutes and 36 seconds a day to just breathe, think and chant and in the end that can only be a good thing. At least that is the way I am choosing to see it.

Yum, Yum, Yum and more Yum!

Until we meet again I hope this has been tasty and informative like Cupcakes & Travel Magazines....






No comments:

Post a Comment