Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome Back to Me!


June 7, 2011

Hello, Hello, Hello! I know it has been too long since my last post but I have been relaxing, resting and getting treatment for my cancer relapse. Life is good and getting better each day. Some days are okay, some are FABULOUS and some have been not so good. But that's life.

My new hip is acting like it’s mine – still a little stiff but more walking will take care of that. I “walk” around the house without my cane nowadays and use it only outside the home. The reason I put walk in quotation marks is in the beginning it was quite the sight to see me doing some semblance of walking in the home. Let’s just say it wasn’t pretty.

For those of you who didn’t know I was terminated by my employer when my short-term disability ran out but there are no hard feelings. They supplied me with information regarding long-term disability which I am currently receiving along with social security benefits. It is all good. As long as I can pay my bills, including a ridiculously high COBRA tab, I am happy. I am beyond grateful for my insurance and no matter the cost I will pay it.

My family has been beyond supportive and loving. I shall share some stories of our time together during my recuperation period, which included my sister Brenda’s healing from a broken ankle at the same time. Since her condo has so many steps she had to spend 4 months with us (Mom, James, Daryl and I) while she healed and did physical therapy. It was quite the experience.

Happy Birthday to my cousin Wanda today!

Until my next post~

Love, Light & Peace to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment